4/19/13

Friday





I am so happy that the week is coming to an end. I was able to finish up a few odds-and-ends for the show on Wednesday, and after having looked thru a few boxes of craft show things I had, am feeling a whole lot better about not having to buy anything else for my booth (I think). 

How about those cute new (and old ombre dots) fabrics I am using on some tissue cozies? My taste in fabrics now is at complete odds to what it was a few years ago, don't get me wrong, I love bright colors and patterns, but slightly more grown-up versions. It is really (really) hard to make things for a living, your instinct is to buy what you love, but it is more than likely not what someone else will love. Choosing fabrics (for non-personal use, obviously) is hit and miss, and even tho I have been running my shop for 7 years now, I am not an expert, and second-guessing my choices is just something I have learned to live with. The only change that I have made is not buying as much (yardage) as I used to, and going with my professional gut (even tho I personally would not pick the fabric to make myself anything) and taking a chance that the print I chose was a good one.

I have a small pile of new covers that I really want to list in the shop, but I think I will just save those until after the show. I also have a new project to work on over the next month or so, I am really excited and nervous about this, but I am finally listing things in my other shop on etsy, but they will all be made with guys in mind. Mele has helped me out with some fabric choices on this, and it is sad to say that 2 fabrics I bought have been majorly vetoed by him, but what the hell, we shall see what happens. 

Have a nice weekend :)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hello. I just wanted to say that I received my ipad sleeve today and it is awesome!! I'm so glad I found your etsy store. Thank you for creating these one of a kind and unique items that you can't find anywhere else. Perfect!

Ana Custodio said...

Uau!
Just found your blog and I'm amazed! Your work is all very pretty and you have a UAU sewing room! And I was happy with my litle corner behind the sofa here at home (Portugal!)

I'll pass by more times!