12/13/12

Sewing Room Clean-up !


Photoshop-less picture post. Sorry for the not so cute pictures, but I am on vacation, and yes, that includes fixing up pictures, for my blog.


This was the aftermath, of the sale. And I know that some may think, this is my normal... for me, I can't, I just cannot work like this. And it was worse, much worse, but those images are between me and the sea.

 Besides re-folding my fabrics, it was time for a purge. A real one. You know what I mean? Kind of when you go to your closet, to hang up a new sweater, and you realize that you do not have anymore room? And you say to yourself, hmm, maybe I should re-organize my closet, you take everything out, and then look in horror, as your king size bed has disappeared under a mountain of jeans, sweaters, blouses, cardigans, jackets, t-shirts and not to mention "those clothes" ( more commonly known as my onedayIwillsqueezemyfatassintothem ) and the handful "no wonder it was on clearance, and still available in every size" things. Anyone ever been thru this, or was it just me, as recently as yesterday? Yeah, kind of like that kind of a purge, but with fabric.



I did pretty good with it, if I do say so myself. If I was to wait a few days, and look thru all my fabrics again, I am pretty sure there are a few more than go, but for now, this messy pile of Japanese prints up here, are going into the scrap bundles I sell in my little fabric shop ( closed right now, sorry ) and this huge box down below, is going to a local thrift shop or maybe a quilting bee? I dunno, I may have to ask around a bit.


And finally, the very best part, a clean Julie friendly sewing room!


I even managed to make the lining fabrics look pretty :)
 

I have this obsession with these lamb/sheep (which ones, not sure?) planters. I don't know why, but I cannot resist them.
 

I went thru my smaller bits of Japanese fabrics, and only kept those, I absolutely 100% love.
 

 Which as you can see, are alot of them. 


Birthday pressie, and the only, I repeat only holiday-esque thing that is in my house.
 

OK, cork board still needs fixing, but the point of them, is to use them for things you need to have handy, and not forget, right? Or else, I would call it a "inspiration board", which it is not. 
 
  And scene.

Now I can continue with my donation purging, next room is the kitchen!

4 comments:

Wasted Wishes said...

That pink dresser is adorable. As is that humpty dumpty (?) plush on the shelf.

Vintage Love & Photographs said...

It looks GREAT! I just posted recent photos of my craft room as well!

Unknown said...

Even when your Sewing room is a disaster I love seeing it! :) Bright and colorful just like mine!

Julie said...

Yup, that is humpty dumpty, wearing a jaunty red beret :)